Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Maker Mom


Maker Mom......
Reagan - teal shirt
 
Joey, Katie (Joey's girlfriend) and I met a wonderful family at SW Maker Fest in AZ. They came to the festival just to meet him. The mother said they had been following his story and her son really wanted to meet Joey. She was similar to me...having no idea what her son is talking about. 

The mom and I have been talking - and hopefully I am helping her...well, as much as I can. :)
She has also helped me, I have realized that I do have information and support to offer.

Joey gave the boy his 3x3x3 LED Cube Arduino Shield Kit and promised to make it together with him. Reagan (the boy) was so excited. He said it was cool that Joey was a normal kid. That means the world to me.

I just found out yesterday that the family has changed there summer plans and are coming to +Maker Faire  It makes me think of the day we set foot at our first Maker Faire.

So if you see him at Maker Faire - Say HI!


I knew Joey was making an impact on children, but had never seen it right in front of me. I couldn't be more proud of the young man Joey has become.


Thanks +Maker Faire  bringing kids together!


1 comment:

briancsmith said...

First, it was great meeting you, even for so brief a time at MakerFaire Shenzhen. I'm kicking myself for not spending the two days there. I should have taken a professional development day from school and allowed my daughter, Mady, to hang around a bit more.

I had a similar experience with my daughter, but we were on Reagan's side. Mady made the trip to Constructing Modern Knowledge with me shortly (just days) before we moved to Hong Kong. One of our speakers was Sylvia Todd and Mady was enthralled by Super Awesome Sylvia's Mini-Maker Show and I could tell she was nervous about meeting her. As Reagan, Mady learned that Sylvia was a "normal" kid too.

I'm glad to have the opportunity to be able to bring Mady to +Maker Faire, CMK and be a part of such an interesting community of people.

Thank youfor sharing your son with other kids!